2020 has been an odd year for commercial real estate. While some sectors such as industrial have been somewhat insulated from the pandemic, everyone is feeling the effects of the global health crisis. Austin is no exception.
A return to normalcy still feels a ways off. Yet there are signs of a thaw. A downtown skyscraper has hit the market in recent weeks, big office leases have intermittently popped up and construction is humming at sites across the metro.
That makes now seem like an appropriate time for the 2020 Commercial Real Estate Awards — a chance to reflect on challenges encountered and surmounted, relationships maintained and rekindled. Additionally, these awards reach all the way back to 2019, giving us a chance to reflect on all the progress Austin had made before Covid-19 began dominating the headlines and our daily lives.
A total of 32 projects and transactions have been nominated, in categories from best multifamily development to community impact.
Typically held each spring, this year’s awards were delayed because of the pandemic. The winners will be unveiled virtually on the afternoon of Wednesday, Sept. 23. To learn more about the event, go here. To inquire about purchasing tickets, please contact Advertising Director Robert Nusbaum at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2020 Commercial Real Estate Awards nominees
- 1211 East 11th
- 2010 E. 6th St. (GoDaddy office)
- 5202 E. Ben White transformation
- 901 E 6th
- American Association of Nurse Practitioners
- Aria Grand
- Ascension Texas HQ/Seton administrative offices
- Austin Bergstrom International Airport terminal expansion
- Belmont Village Lakeway
- Cheatham Street Flats
- City View
- Foundry I
- Four Points Centre Building #3
- J Bouldin
- Lenox Ridge
- Lost Pines Art Center
- Met Center Creative Office
- Next Door Creative Studios
- Preserve at 620
- Sale of Riata Crossing 6 to Greater Texas Federal Credit Union
- Saltillo mixed-use project
- Saltillo office lease
- The Boutique at the Refuge Ranch for DMST
- The Clark
- The Independent
- The Jordan at Mueller
- The Otto
- Travis County Civil & Family Court Complex
- Travis County District Attorney’s Office
- Walnut Park Apartments
To see the best buildings and deals of 2018, check out the 2019 Commercial Real Estate Awards in the below slideshow, or go here.